Here we have started doing our craft activities using recycled materials, some of which are contributed earlier by our children‘s parents in our sixth phase of the SSDB project.
K1A @ Campus 1.
As the SSDB project entails on Recycling and Saving Natural Resources, the children are using ice creams sticks and tissue rolls in making a Go-Green Stationary Stand.
Luqmanul-We have to paste the ice cream sticks in a pattern.
Ayra- We are going to decorate them very nice.. I shall use the beads that my mum has given.
K1B @ Campus 1.
Children making Egging Tree Craft frames using egg cartons which they coloured during the weekends and pasted the accessories on it when they were brought back to school.
- Ilhan – I love my trees with lots of gems on it.
- Ridzwan (whispers )- The flowers are beautiful same as my mum.
- Hamdhan – I like windmill coz it’s cool, and when it spin look beautiful.
- Franchelle Aaila – A basket of beautiful flowers for my mother.
- Firaz – I like flowers than tree so that my mother will like it.
K1C @ Campus 1.
At C1, K1C children’s project is about a great way to help the environment through recycling and understand the importance of recycling.
As the learning theme of our K1’s children is presently about ‘I Can Save The Earth’, the K1C children will be making Aromatherapy Potpourri Holder. During the process, the children need to decorate the plastic container using recycling materials such as crayons, beads and ribbons. They learned the basic ingredients on how to make own potpourri. They mix the unscented plant materials such as flowers, petals, leaves, wood chips and pine cones. These items will blend with essential oil for fragrance. They use their senses to see, smell and touch the parts of the plants.
- Adelia – I like the smell of the potpourri.
- Razin – I shake well the mixture of potpourri.
- Khairi – I blend the potpourri with my favourite lemongrass essential oil.
- Ellysha – I choose my favourite colour of crayons to decorate the container.
K2A @ Campus 1.
Children started off by pasting recycled newspapers on the plastic bottles. They find it hard to make it stick onto the bottles. However they tried again by applying more glue and tearing the newspapers into smaller pieces this time round.
- Syed Ahmad-Why this (newspaper) not stiicking Teacher?
- Niyaz-There is still some holes. It needs to be covered.
- Syahrizqin-Uwais the paper is too big. It can comes out of the bottle.
- Uwais-Very hard for me.
- Syahrizqin-Teacher, Uwais cannot paste properly.
K2B @ Campus 1.
At C1, K2B children’s project is about saving the environments from Global Warming namely reuse, reduce and recycle. As the learning theme of our K2’s children is presently about plants, the K2B children are making potpourri sachets and wooden frames. During the process, the children need to decorate the wooden frame using recycling materials such as beads, buttons and ribbons. They learned the basic ingredients on how to make own potpourri, using unscented plant materials such as flowers, petals, leaves, wood chips and pine cones. These items will blend with the essential oil for fragrance. They have opportunities to employ their senses to see, smell and touch the parts of the plants. They enjoyed peeling the rose petals and mix well their potpourri with their favourite essential oils.
- Isaac – I like my items to decorate the frame, it is cool.
- Hakeem – I choose blue shiny beads to decorate the ribbon.
- Damia – I choose nice glittering beads to make pattern on the frame.
K2C @ Campus 1.
Let’s Respect the environment and understand how recycling helps to prevent global warming, prevent pollutions and saves energy. The children are making Plastic Perler Beads Coaster. Using the plastic templates and perler beads, they then arranges them according to the desired colours. The beads are then fused together through ironing.
- Amri – My dad likes black and so I am going to use the colour.
- Danish-You have to arrange it in a circle.
- Umaiza-When are we going to sell it?(to raise funds).
- Falisha- You have to be careful. The iron is hot!
K1A & K1B @ Campus 2.
The children had a class craft project of making brooches from scrap felt cloth ; a creative way of reducing waste in the environment and raising funds for charity.
Upon hearing about the craftwork to do, all the children were looking forward to do the activity. The activity is an outlet to be creative and having some fun! Little do they know that it is not only to raise fund for charity but it is also good for their development as well. They were required to use their fine motor coordination in tracing the flower template, cutting the felt cloth with scissors with teacher’s guidance and supervision, matching fabric ( felt cloth) colour combination, gluing or fixing the brooch. And of course, they got to observe their teacher using the hot glue gun to fix the corsage plate clip/ pin onto the brooches.
- Nor Ryhaqqi and Md Aish Shafiq from K1A, Khair Faaz and Aiman Riezqi from K1B and a few others had said they are making the brooches to sell to get money to help the poor.
K2A and K2B @ Campus 2.
The children are making vases out of recycled spoons and forks with collected bottles. Children painted the collected items before pasting it on the bottles.